Monday, May 17, 2010

Whats new???

I have had a few comments recently asking why I havent put up a post in a while. Gee wizz, its only been a couple of weeks!!!.

Anyway, truth is, nothing much has happened. I would like to say that I flew to Kenya but, sadly, that hasnt happened. So, I will fill you in from where we left off.

OK. Seeing as it is summer and I still have to rug up in my oversized ski jacket to make the commute to work, I have been trying frantically to find an awesome coat to rock out in. I have looked everywhere. And nothing. I actually found a really nice one but found that it was too tight across my broad shoulders. I could have hulk smashed something, I was so angry. I did feel like the hulk in that jacket anyway; one tense of the arms and the thing would have torn at the seams.

So, my jacket hunt has taken me to Oxford St on two occasions, and Kingston Town a weekend ago before I gave up and decided to wait till winter, when they apparently come out of hibernation. Kingston Town was nice, I think UB40 wrote a song about it. Really big shopping town and it was a nice river winding through it so we grabbed a lunch on the rivers edge.

Last weekend, I decided to head to the Battersea powerstation and get some photos of the building made famous by Pink Floyd for their 'Animals' album cover. It is an awesome building but pretty derelict. After that we attempted heading to some food markets but found to our dismay that they were all closed up on Sundays. 'Damn it' I said aloud and decided to stroll along the Thames and visit the Tate Modern. We then went to Camden town for the third time since we have been here. Camden is so much fun. I ate a Churro, which is heaven in a donut. Renee got chocolate covered stawberries, with three types of chocolate, hold the nuts.

IMGP6460

I recently purchased a monthly travel card (for £116 per month!!!!!! It hurts). It means I dont have to muck around with individual tickets and I can travel basically anywhere in main London, whenever I want for a whole month. Its good. Having it means that I am keen to go out and check the London hotspots every weekend. Coming soon: the Abbey Road pedestrian crossing from the Beatles cover. Maybe Notting Hill some other time

This coming Saturday, Renee and I are travelling to Wales. Why? you ask. Why not? Its £30 for a return train ticket to Cardiff, which is pretty good value. The travel time is 2, 3/4 hours each way so it will be a long day. The weekend after that, one of our flatties boyfriends, Pedro (his real name is Peter but he prefers Pedro because Peter is a pussy name, and he looks Spainish) is going to take us to his hometown of Oxford. Would be good to check out the university campus and hit the pubs up. Maybe challenge a few college students to a boat race of beer.
Its hard you know - literal humour.

So, The next post will be in 2 weeks time. Can you all handle the wait??? Im not so sure.

Just be strong.

Would actually be good to know who is reading this. Drop me an email to let me know what you are up to if you are. Would be keen as English mustard to have some chats