Friday, July 23, 2010

Updating stuff

I would like to say that I have travelled to far and exotic countries, experienced fun and exciting things and met interesting and dangerous people, but, alas, I haven't. There is not much to report really.

I guess, an interesting point is the update of this tired old blog, which I discussed in my previous post. The photo slide show that shows the picture (to the right) is a collection of my favourite photos from my travels. Below that, I have listed the countries I have visited and clicking on those links will take you to any photo I have taken whilst in that country. Pretty exciting. It basically means that when I comment on a country / event in the future, I should have some photos linked within that specific country that it was taken in. I will organise it so that the most recent photos will appear at the front of the series.
Check them out when you get the chance.

Phew, glad that admin is out of the way.

Anyways, what has happened since the last post......

Been chilling most weekends. The constant travelling to and from work is really taking its toll and I am finding myself more and more exhausted by weekends. So.... I better man it up.

We are all booked in for travelling through Scotland for 9 days at the start of September. Renee has a few mates coming over and we are looking at hiring a car and burning some wubber on the woads. With a rental car. One of my bosses has offered to draw out the ultimate in Scotland travel routes so we can hit all the main spots.
"You'll need 8 days" he said
"I got 9" I retorted and snapped my fingers with hip hop flare.

His puzzled expression made me stop from pulling out more break dance moves.

So, anyway, that is all booked in. Lately, Renee and I have been thinking "Man, what are we going to do over Christmas????" Obviously we want to travel to New York / Vegas in Feb / March and we want to save us much moolah for that as we can. So we were looking at local places to jaunt off to.
"What about climbing Kilimanjaro for New Years Eve?"I suggested, then i looked at prices on the Internet and literally shat my pants. NZ$3000 just for climbing the thing!!! Then there is everything else on top of that - small expenses like flights and accommodation. Once I had cleaned my pants, I then double dared myself to look at the Antarctica tours. I slipped into a 3 day coma.

Soooo, we have decided on Portugal.. You know it!!! Just a backpack on our backs and a few bucks in our pocket is what we are thinking. Well that's what I am thinking. I am sure that Renee's makeup bag is bigger than my backpack.
"I will just go without any makeup products" she insists, and I laugh whole heartedly, in almost a mocking tone.

Whoa, she just read that. I'm just joking folks. It will be an exciting wee trip. We are looking to do it from the 27th Dec till around the 2nd Jan. Flights are fairly cheap if we book them now so it should be great.

Last weekend,we had a flatmates leaving party. We had a BBQ, and then got down to some rounds of "Circle of Death". We got smashed and this guy called Miles just wouldn't leave. I laughed at the situation and then walked off.

Renee and I have been sleeping in the lounge lately as our room had sprung a leak from the nearby bathroom and it was determined that our walls had 'cancer'. So, this Polish guy has been filling them up. It wasn't until last night that we actually got back into the room and had a proper nights sleep.

Oh man. I really wish that I had more to update. But, I don't. work is getting bloody crap. The bosses seem to be angry almost all the time and no-one knows why. The also seem to be hiring more people but not wanting to raise our pay rates to what is acceptable. I am thinking of leaving, maybe. Might start looking soon. No point spending a limited time here at a job that wont support me, financially and creatively. My boss did lend me his new Leica digital SLR camera to have a play with and it nearly melted in my hands. Sooooo good. Need to update the good ol' Pentax at some stage I feel.

I will update this thing in a couple of weeks time. Maybe when something has happened. Till then